Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Christmas Plaid

>> Wednesday, December 5, 2018

I am lucky enough to have a live-in crafty buddy.  My Grandson, Lewis, is 3 years old and loves to "paint."  This weekend, I showed him a picture of a plaid stocking on Joss and Main and told him to paint it with some watercolors on some kraft paper.  He made me some great plaid backgrounds that I used on the cards today. 

On the first card, I used some of this special plaid on the background panel and embossed the new Tool Christmas Stocking in white on some of it. This new stocking image is so fun and so perfect for handy people on your Christmas list.  The sentiment is the new Fixin' Merry Christmas Greeting.  I cut it up and drew in some lines to make it stand out on the white. 

I used a lot of the Lewis made plaid on my next card.  I embossed the Large Script Merry Christmas on it.  Lewis also painted me some green on kraft and I die cut some foliage from it.  A few berries and some snow it it was done.  Lewis is going to send this one to his other Grandparents - they will love this since he helped to make it!
Hope you are having a great week!

Hugz,

Nancy

4 comments:

Shelia said...

Wow Nancy, that plaid is fabulous! I can't believe Lewis is only three! I couldn't paint a plaid this nice!! Love the stocking with the white embossing & how you cut the new greeting apart. The snow & white embossed greeting on the second card really pops! Gorgeous cards!

Karin said...

These cards are just fantastic! The backgrounds look so great in the traditional red and green and I really like what you did with the sentiment on the stocking card, and I love the snow splatters on the second!

Sue said...

You and your grandson make an amazing team! His plaid is awesome and I love how you used it to make 2 wonderful cards! You best get him working on some more!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Gorgeous cards, Nancy! I adore your plaid..your DGS did super on helping you w/ that. & your tool stocking is wonderful. Love how you split up the greeting.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP