Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Warm Nordic Wishes

>> Friday, November 23, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well & you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It's now officially Christmas season so I have a Christmas card that reminds me of a Fair Isle sweater. 

This card was actually pretty easy. I lined up all the sections of the sweater like die and cut them out of navy card. Then I just picked other colors of card stock to go behind it. I finished w/ a stitched frame, the greeting circle & a pair of punched mittens. I added a bit of the trim from the cut outs of the die & used a white Prismacolor pencil to go around the edges.
 Here's a look at the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs -Warm Wishes (inside-Beautiful Holiday Greeting, Interlocking Snow ) 
paper:  Staples 110# white, navy, turquoise, lime, lavender, lt blue
ink:  Versaclair midnight
accessories:   Rubbernecker stitched rectangle frame  & stitched circle dies, Sizzix Holiday Knit dies , mitten punch, white Prismacolor pencil, twine, snowflake punch, twine


4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

I feel warmer just looking at this wonderful card, Julie. Super dies, colors, and sentiment. Wonderfully done! Hugz

Sue said...

What a cozy card Julie! Love the pattern and colors you choose! The simple circle with the mittens hanging off is the perfect focal image! You've definitely got me wanting to curl up in a nice warm sweater!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful Julie!! I LOVE the gorgeous pattern and colors! Love this design!

Karin said...

The colors on your card are just beautiful and I love the winter theme! Those mittens are darling paired up with the sentiment!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP