Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Neutral Pumpkins

>> Friday, November 16, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! It's been a pretty dreary week here. Rain, rain & more rain! And w/ temps only peaking in the 40's, it's a cold rain. So that probably explains why I wasn't  feeling very colorful when I started coloring this image. For some reason, I just felt like going w/ neutral colors for a change. I've seen a lot of chalk white & bluish white pumpkins in ads & thought that might be pretty. I knew it would certainly make the words on this pumpkin stack easy to read.
To make my card, I stamped & colored the pumpkin stack, sticking to colors on the muted side, then die cut it in an oval. I added a white layer w/ the oval cut out & a gray-blue oval frame on top. The little sunflowers & leaves were colored & fussy cut to add around the frame. 

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copic I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs -  Give Thanks Pumpkins , 4 in 1 Harvest  (inside: Thanks Be to God )
paper:  Staples 110# white, X-Press It white, gray-blue
ink:  Memento tuxedo black
accessories:  Copic markers, Misti, Rubbernecker stitched rectangle, stitched oval frames, stitched oval dies



4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

So soft and calming in blue, Julie. Love the extra flowers too. Gorgeousness. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow those pumpkins are beautiful!! I must try something other than orange some time! Beautiful layout and love the inside too!

Sue said...

This is beautiful Julie! I'm not normally a fan of the off color pumpkins, but you made them awesome!! Great job on the sweet flower/leaf group too!

Karin said...

Those neutral pumpkins are just stunning! The white makes the image really pop and the sweet leaves and flowers are really cute around the frame! Gorgeous card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP