Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Expect the Unexpected

>> Saturday, October 13, 2018

Welcome!

What could be more unexpected that a hand coming out of the ground???  Once I decided that's what I wanted to do on my card I quickly recalled a card Robin had made several weeks ago and I knew I had to "borrow" her torn paper technique - Thanks Robin!!



I started my card by stamping our Spooky Tree with Moon towards the top of a white piece of card stock.  I didn't worry about masking the moon and just sponged on some blues for my nighttime sky.  To cover my now blue moon I stamped the moon on a separate piece of white and colored it with orange and yellow watercolor pencils and used my blender pen to smooth it out, fussy cut it and attached it on my card.
For the ground I tore 3 pieces of black card stock and sponged on some white color box ink along the torn edge and layered them on my card.  Next I stamped our Zombie Hand on scrap and colored and fussy cut it and added it between the torn paper.  The Expect the Unexpected greeting was stamped on white and edged with orange and layered on lime green and attached in the lower left corner and everything was attached to a folded grey card.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sue

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Such a great scary card for Halloween! I really like the background with the tree & moon and the hand! Perfect for this greeting!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Very creepy scene, Sue! If I saw that hand coming up out the ground, you'd probably hear my scream all the way up to New England! Super card!

Robin Clendenning said...

Ooh, this is creepy scary!!! Love your card!

nwilliams6 said...

Super spooky card, Sue. Love that bg and that fun zombie hand! Great idea and great fun!!!! HUgz

Karin said...

Your card today is Spooktacular! :) The torn paper makes the creepiest dirt and that zombie hand would be unexpected! LOL...Love it!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP