Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Barn Dance

>> Friday, August 17, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Looks like there's a big dance at the barn..are you coming? Grab your hat & boots & I'll meet you there! Sometimes you get an idea & then spend all kinds of time figuring out how to do it. I've had this barn dance card in my head for a while, but it just had to simmer until I could work it out. I started w/ a white piece of card stock that I had already cut into a rectangle & it already had the smaller piece cut out of it. Must have cut it for something that didn't happen, but it seemed perfect for this. I already knew that I would fussy cut the Cowboy & Cowgirl  to make them stand out, so I did them on a separate piece. I didn't want the background to be too busy so I stamped the other dancers on the cut out piece in lt gray ink & colored them w/ very pale colors. I masked them & stamped The Floor & Woodgrain Bg behind them.
The frame piece was also stamped w/ the Woodgrain Bg in brown ink then I used some brown Distress inks to sponge it. I stamped the Barn Door in the same brown ink on a separate piece & used Copics before fussy cutting it. The greeting was stamped on a die cut piece of vellum & added under the die cut star emblem. 
Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper: X-Press It white, Staples 110# white, scrap of vellum
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, rich cocoa, gray flannel, Distress inks tea dye, walnut stain
accessories:  Misti, Copic markers, Rubbernecker stitched rectangles dies, Serendipity Bandana die (star emblem), silver brads, Spellbinders labels 8 die



5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

WOW!!! Julie, this is a work of art! I love the dance scene - some brilliant stamping, arranging, masking, and coloring. I even love the little sign you made for the door. Super cool card. I will meet you at the dance but close that door so no more bugs get in. Hugz

Sue said...

What a incredible card Julie! So many amazing elements! I'm loving the linked arms or the dancers, your coloring is out of the ballpark and the light images in the background really set this card apart!

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGosh, this is just awesome! LOVE the bg dancers, I am just amazed at the coloring to make them stay in the bg! Wow, SUPER cute card Julie!

Shelia said...

Julie, this is such a cool card! Love the dance scene you created on this! So fun!

Karin said...

Holy moley!! The coloring, the sentiment, the multiple backgrounds, the embellishments, I mean...Just Wow! This is about as perfect as a handmade card can be. You're amazing!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP