Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Get Well Cards

>> Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I began stamping this in an effort to make a masculine get well card. I thought the Cattail Milk Pail 
would be perfect; not too flowery, but still natural, nice and soothing, you get the idea.  I decided to stamp the background using the Long Tall Cattails Image, and so far so good.  However, I then made a Polka Dotted border piece, and embellished it with a scalloped border and gauzy ribbon.  No bow I thought, just tie a knot, but it ended up looking more girl like than I intended.  Oh well, I finished it with the One Line Get Well Greeting. 



My second get well card was always going to be all about flowers!  I wanted to stamp using the new Flower Wheelbarrow again, and colored the flowers using pastels.  I stamped a panel using the Flower Scroll and colored those to match the flowers in the main image, adding a punched border.


To keep the theme going, I used the same stamp on the background, stamping green on light green cardstock, for a subtle effect.  My sentiment comes from the last line in the Cured, Yet Greeting.

I hope you're feeling fine and dandy this Tuesday... Have a great day!
Karin




6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Some fab creations, Karin. I love how you used background and other stamps to make some awesome dp. Your first card is my fave with the repeated cattails and the awesome sketch and colors. Love all the flowers on the second. These are some super Get Well cards! Hugz

Samantha said...

Beautiful cards today, Karin! Such cheerful greetings for someone who's down. Nice job!

Shelia said...

Beautiful get well cards, Karin! Love the two images paired in the first card. Great layouts & coloring!

Sue said...

These are great cards Karin! You did kind of misplace the masculine aspect of the first one - but you can certainly send it to me next time I get sick :) Your flower wheelbarrow is beautiful! Love the pastel colors and the coordinating backgrounds!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Super cards, Karin! Love the colors & layers on both. I feel better just looking at them & I wasn't even sick, lol. Great job!

Robin Clendenning said...

Karin, your cards are beautiful!! LOVE the design on the first and love the pretty dies and colors on the second!! Beautiful!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP