Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Sunset Beach

>> Saturday, July 2, 2016

Good morning!
Here is another card for the Heat is On!
I stamped and masked the castle then stamped the boat and sea grass while the mask was on.  I removed that mask and made a mask for the sun (1" circle punch).  I drew on a horizon then placed my reverse mask (the part with the hole) on the horizon and sponged in the yellow sun (I also masked off the water).  I took that mask off and put the 1" circle over the sun and masked the water all the way across while I sponged in sky colors with sponges and Distress Inks.  The rest of the card is colored with Copic markers.  I added a bit of Liquid applique and glitter to make waves.  I cut the curved part of the umbrella off and extended it when I cut it out to be a beach umbrella.  I colored the bottom part with dark gray to cover any stamp lines.  The boat sails have some sky color reflected on them and the water has some shimmery sun color reflected on it.  I used some Wink of Stella on some parts to add more shimmer.
I cut the frame from some pierced/stitched rectangles and popped it up.  Then added some gauze to the beach as well as my cut out shells.
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Robin, this is such a beautiful scene! Love the combination of images and that sun set looks amazing! Gorgeous card!!

Janett said...

Love it Robin! Your sky is beautiful with all the reflections. Perfect summer card.

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my - I love this!!! Such a fun mix of images and the colors are wonderful - especially on the umbrella. BEAUTIFUL card! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a fabulous little beach scene, Robin! Love the umbrella & sandcastle in front of the sailboat. Great colors!

Karin said...

Take me to the beach! I love that colorful umbrella and the entire scene!

Sue said...

What an incredible beach scene Robin! Just came back from the beach and can only say that this is what I was looking for instead of all the crowds that we actually got :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP