Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Beach Adventure

>> Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Every card is an adventure for me, and this one was a big one.  This started out as a shabby chic card in my head.  It was going to be light blue and green and have shells - it was even going to be a birthday card - lol!  The blues turned out darker than I wanted, then I forgot it was shabby chic, then I saw the new Flamingo Palm Tree Scene stamp and wanted to add it...so I ended up with something that reminds me more of Jimmy Buffet than shabby chic.  I am singing some Buffet songs in my head right now as I type.


When I colored up the anchor, it didn't match so I stippled on some white paint to look like barnacles. Then, I added in some wood planks made using the Wood Grain background stamp, and in the background, I used the 4-in-1 Seashell stamp.  The sentiment is the new Summer Story Greeting. Everything was colored up using Tim Holtz Distress Ink except for the Flamingo which is colored with watercolor pencils.

Hope your week is going well.

Hugz,

Nancy

8 comments:

Janett said...

Nancy, I love me some Jimmy Buffet and I love this card. The pink flamingo pops. A very cool card.

irishgreensue said...

Oh my goodness, is this card inspired or WHAT?? With the nod to Jimmy Buffett, as well as your new Summer Story greetings, the palm trees, the flamingo, I will join you on the next chorus of "Margueritaville" The distressed wood planks, the stamped shells, your ANCHOR, and just the hint of a great memory being made with your sentiment, this one knocks the ball right out of the park!

Karin said...

What a fabulous card Nancy! I love all the distressed elements (especially those wooden boards!) and your fussy cutting of the flamingos is amazing! Love :)

Sue said...

If I had to pick only 1 word for this card it would have to be incredible! Love so many elements to it - the crusty anchor, the board background, the die cut palm trees and flamingo - and I could go on and on...

Robin Clendenning said...

This is awesome Nancy!! Love the totally pier looking card! Love the distress, stenciling, planks...it looks like a sign on the wharf for a gift shop or restaurant! LOVE this!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Fabulous, Nancy! I love everything about your wonderful card. The colors, the distressing, the fussy cutting..it's all over the top.

Shelia said...

Nancy, what a fantastic card! Love the distressing, colors, images, fussy cutting! Wow!

Samantha said...

I'm glad your card didn't turn out like you had planned - this one is just fantastic! Awesome!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP