Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Season's Greetings

>> Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hi Friends!

Yay for Wednesday! Half the work week is just about over! How are you enjoying the last days of summer? Here in Michigan, there's already a bit of crispness in the air and there's no doubt that Fall is right around the corner. This year I am really trying to stay on top of things and that's why I'm still using DRS designs new Christmas stamps to work on more of my Christmas cards. I still feel horrible that time got away from me last year and I didn't send out any!


The card I created for today features the new Season's Greeting Holly Spray stamp (487L). I colored it with Copic markers and added red Stickles to the holly berries. While it was drying I used red cardstock to form and an A2 cardstock base. The card front was created using three different layers. I cut a portion of olive green cardstock and stamped it with the Pine Bough (467K) in dark green ink. Then I ripped it on a diagonal and adhered it to a small portion of red card stock and ripped that on a matching diagonal. Finally, majority of the card front was created using khaki cardstock that was embossed with the Divine Swirls embossing folder. The edges of both the card base and the card front were rounded and the card front was adhered in place. Next, the colored image was matted with red cardstock and adhered to the center of the card front as shown. A simple sheer, red bow embellished the bottom of the image nicely and my card was complete. 

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to check out my work! Have a great day!

Smiles, 
Jennifer

8 comments:

Shelia said...

Beautiful card, Jennifer. Really like the layout & torn edges!

Donna Whitten said...

I love your pretty card! Thanks for sharing.

Robin Clendenning said...

Love the torn paper and the embossing on this beautiful Christmas card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty, Jennifer! Love the embossed swirl bg and super color combo!..one of my faves for Christmas. The image on an angle really looks wonderful.

Janett said...

What a lovely card Jennifer. I love the torn edges and angle.

nwilliams6 said...

So pretty Jennifer! I love the torn paper edges, the embossing and your super coloring! A beautiful Christmas card! Hugz

Karin said...

This is so pretty! Love your coloring and the torn paper placed at an angle! Great card :)

Sue said...

LOVE THIS!!! So simple but what a great look with the torn paper on top of the embossed layer! Love it!!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP