Blog Widget by LinkWithin

From Our Birdhouse

>> Friday, May 8, 2015

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! And a fine spring week it has been here! Birds, bees, butterflies...all over! And nice sunny days for a change! Sort of like this cute little scene.... I'm having a hard time concentrating on my post because dear ol' hubby has really pulled a good one. Sigh...I have no clue why he decided to order himself a pair of jeans online. And a different brand that he's never even tried on before. That's always a great idea! Some guys should never be allowed to buy their own clothes unsupervised. He's one of those. Seriously..he needs Garanimal tags just to put together pants & shirts & not look like a deranged golfer. So the jeans arrive today. They are denim colored cardboard. But he's determined that they will be fine after washing. And after using a metric ton of water to wash them a dozen times, he tries them on. Ok. Now they are just crispy. He's still determined that they will fine, but he wasn't happy when I told him they looked like the male version of "mom jeans". I just hope he learns his lesson after he has to wear them a time or two. I'm thinking sitting down with these on will be a fun adventure for him. At least it will be entertaining for me!

Anyway, for my card today, I started my stamping this fun new picket fence, masking part of it, then stamping the new birdhouse 3 times (which, by the way, I begged for a birdhouse & here it is!). Here's a little tip to make this easier...I only cut quickly around the top of the fence mask then colored in where the birdhouse posts would be when I removed the mask. There's really no need to cut out between all the pickets on the fence :) I added the lovebirds branch above the houses and a few branches from the leafy tree branch, some die cut grass, a few punched clouds & a punched sun. The die cut house was left white; I only added a little blue to the windows and the greeting was stamped on a piece of green vellum and wrapped around the house. The finished card is 5.50 x 4.25 and these are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend and may NONE of your jeans be crispy cardboard! And don't forget to check out the DRS Thursday Challenge! This week, Beautiful Backgrounds.
Supplies:
ink: Memento tuxedo black
paper: Neenah white, X-Press It white, green vellum
accessories: Copic markers, cloud punches, sun punch, house die (Memory Box), grass die (Cheery Lynn), mini scallop scissors (top & bottom of vellum panel)


7 comments:

Sue said...

What a cute, cute card today Julie! It's amazing to me how you can leave most of the card white, but it's still so darn colorful! :)

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGoodness, this is adorable! LOVE the birdhouses in different fun colors and those birds are precious! Very sweet card!

nwilliams6 said...

Darling way to use that birdhouse image! Such a great card with lots of fun details - it totally captures the fun of Spring and cute birds! Hugz

Janett said...

Beautiful card. Love the way you shaded the fence, and the colorful bird houses.

Jennifer E. said...

Such a cute,cute card! I love how you colored the birds and how you added 3 birdhouses. The sentiment is a perfect match too!

Shelia said...

What a fun card!! I really like the colorful bird houses and the sweet little birds in the tree above!

Karin said...

This card is so pretty! Love the birdhouses in different colors and the greeting on the green vellum is perfect!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP