Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Big Girl Panties

>> Friday, May 22, 2015

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well & you're looking forward to a long Memorial Day weekend! Maybe have a little BBQ, take a weekend trip, or just take some time off. 

This card was a problem child....I really wanted to use the greeting and thought it would work well w/ the Josephine image, but I needed something else...like why she needed to put on the big girl panties & maybe some big girl panties to emphasize it. So what I came up with was to add the "you're not that old" part and a "So" then I split up the big girl greeting. I drew a little panty template and cut 3 to  put that part of the greeting on & I also drew a pair of bloomers (or they could be those ruffled panties little girls wear) to add. 

I will mention that when I stamped Josephine, I wiped off the ink between her eyes so she wouldn't be scowling so much. Since it's a birthday card, I didn't want her to be mad, lol. The finished card is 5.50 x 4.25 and these are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by & have a great Memorial Day Weekend! Don't forget to check out the DRS Thursday Challenge...this week it's a color challenge!
Supplies:
ink: Memento tuxedo black
paper: X-Press It white, Neenah white, peach, turquoise, mint
accessories: Spellbinders ovals, opulent ovals, A2 matting basics A & B, Copic markers, baker's twine, stamp-a-ma-jig

6 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGosh, this is so funny/cute! Love the Rosie the riveter type gal and the pantaloons are so funny! Great card!

nwilliams6 said...

How great you adjusted her attitude a bit to fit the card Julie! Fun, fun, fun card! Hugz

Sue said...

WOW! A lot of work, but well worth the effort! Love the green/orange combo too! Happy Memorial Day to you too!

Shelia said...

Too funny, Julie! Love those panties you drew for this fun birthday card!

Janett said...

Super cute birthday card. Great job on the panties.

Karin said...

You've blown us away again! Amazing details from changing up her expression to the cute little bloomers! Great job on creating the perfect sentiment too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP