Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Get Well

>> Friday, December 26, 2014

Hi Everyone,
I have a quick, simple card to share with you today.  It was made in a jiffy to send to a friend who was recovering from kidney stone surgery...I know, right? Ouch.  I waited until he was home, on the road to recovery, to send this smile inducing image and sentiment :).
The Leonard Sick Day Blues was colored with Copic markers and die cut using my faithful Oval Spellbinders dies.  The background was stamped using Vicki's Versatile background, once in teal ink, and then in rust colored ink.  I stamped vertically and then horizontally to garner that effect. 

I kept the stamping to the top portion of the background, which left me room to stamp a portion of the Cured Yet sentiment and add a piece of cork tape for a border.  Since it was for a guy and I was in a hurry (notice my stamping paraphernalia in the background?) I didn't add any embellishments.

Thanks for dropping by the blog today!
Karin


6 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute Karin!! Love this card and it seems a good time for it as we head into winter!! So many colds and flu!
Great card to send and cheer a person up!!

Shelia said...

Awesome get well card, Karin! I love this image & sentiment. One of my favs!!

Janett said...

Oh Karin, that card is sure to put a smile on there face. Love the background you put behind the pig.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So cute, Karin! Thanks so much for filling in...I really appreciate it.

Sue said...

CUTE! Love the simple look and your awesome coloring!

Jennifer E. said...

So cute and perfect for a guy! Hope your friend is doing well!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP