Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Sweet!

>> Friday, November 6, 2009

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday! Are y'all ready for a sweet treat? Even though Halloween was just last weekend, you surely have room for a Candy Apple or some Caramel Corn. Those two treats always say Fall to me.

For this sugar sweet card, I stamped the Candy Apple (K082) and colored it with markers. I cut it out around the left side only and attached it to a tan layer then to a red layer. I added a die cut border to the lower edge. The greeting was die cut using two colors and then the letters were mixed and matched.

The caramel corn background was made by stamping Popcorn Background (H1124) repeatedly over white card stock. I turned the popcorn into caramel corn by coloring it with markers and a blender pen. The stripe background is some leftover Christmas paper from a few years ago.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

Very cool!!! Excellent!

Cathy Rulli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

OOOOH so yummy girl!! I love your popcorn backgroudn too!! HUGS

Jennifer E. said...

Fun card Julie! TFS!

Juliet A said...

Gorgeous - I would never have imagined I would like a card with food as a theme, but I really like this one!

TexasGrammy said...

Yummalicious ...
Ohhhhh myyyyyyyyy!!!

~Bev

Marisa said...

Wow, that looks so yummy. Very sweet looking card.

Sue said...

What a fun card! I never thought to put the popcorn with the candy apple, but they work great together! Sweet is right!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP