Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

A Home for Tiny Stamps!

>> Saturday, February 14, 2009

by Sue W.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Its was hard deciding what stamps to use this week, and by the time I was done with my card I had used a bunch! Not counting the inside sentiment stamp, I used the seven pictured here:



Over the years several stampers have asked me for "some kind of stamp" that can be used with tiny stamps. It seems like I'm not the only one who can't resist their cuteness! F031 "Design a Square" was my original idea and one I still love today. It's designed to fit any size card because you stamp it side by side in rows across and up your card, filling your card with lots and lots of little squares - the perfect place for all those tiny stamps! For my card today I decided to work on the diagonal (hint: it's harder to notice if you don't stamp perfectly straight!)

I started my card as close to center as possible, using spring green dye ink.


After that first stamping, I work with the card at an angle so that the lines of the stamp are straight. Remembering to stamp above what's on my card, I hunch down so I can see where the rubber meets the paper and leave about 1/4 inch between images. (I was a little close in this picture, but I got better :)

Then I just keep turning the card until I have surrounded my original stamping


I continue turning and stamping until I fill my card

Next comes the fun of filling in the squares. The flower I used here is from one of our Stick 'N Stamp sets (F120). What's a Stick 'N Stamp you ask??? Well the mounted version is a set of 4 small stamps that come with one "stick" mount. Each design is mounted on velcro and can be interchanged on the mount. We even put a strip of velcro on the side of the mount to hold the 3 designs you're not stamping with. This storage velcro is also ideal for lining up all 4 designs and stamping a border around your card. The beautiful part of that is if 4 images are too much you can remove one or two to make it fit your card!
So, I took the flower and mounted it on the end of my mount and using turquoise dye ink I started filling in the "diamonds"

Then I used the open heart from F298 and lavender dye ink and purple dye ink I finished filling in all the "diamonds". Then I colored in the center of all the flowers using a bright pink marker. - My background was complete!!

Next I stamped the cat on white card stock using black pigment ink and after masking the cat, I stamped the mega circle to his right using purple dye ink. Then I stamped the "Thinking of You" inside the circle. After embossing the black pigment ink with clear embossing powder I colored the cat using bic markers and cut out the whole thing. Last, but not least, I stamped the giga circle on bright blue paper, punched it out, and layered it all together and added the bling!

and Yeah! I was done. Isn't he cute??
Thanks for stopping by - and remember if you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Email, snail mail, toll free, we'd love to hear from you!
Have a terrific week!

5 comments:

Heather said...

WOW!!!!!!!This background is absolute incredible! Incredible!!!!! Great card!

Unknown said...

WOW! Super cute! I don't know if I have the patience for that!

Etha said...

ahhh this is wonderful! I love how you put the background together :)

Jessica G. said...

Such a fun card and impressive number of images used! I really like the flexibility of creating my own DP and this Design a Square stamp is perfect for that!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Sue! This is adorable!! TFS! :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP