Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Easy Backgrounds

>> Saturday, February 21, 2009

by Sue W.

Welcome to another Saturday post! One of the big excitements at DRS this week is a new area rug just inside our back door (is that sad or what!!?!!). I took one look at it and knew I had to use it as my inspiration for this weeks card. I was amazed to see that it had a very similiar pattern to one of our new background stamps. I got right to work and in the end I used these 4 stamps:

Now let me mention right off that DRS background stamps are designed smaller for a reason. And that reason is that they are easier to use, and you're not limited to any size. We originally had large background stamps and it wasn't long until I realized how much I disliked using them. By the time I carefully inked the entire image (and double checked it 3 times), pressed it on my paper ( then stood up to apply enough pressure, going over and over the whole stamp so I wouldn't miss any areas) and then lifted my stamp to see light spots anyway. That's when I started making the stamps smaller and easier to stamp. and making sure that they line up properly when you stamp them side by side.

I started my background like I normally do when using one of our easy background stamps, which is in the lower right corner (please keep in mind that I stamp lift handed, and you might want to try the lower left corner!) making sure I stamp off the paper slightly.

After I stamp the paper that first time I make sure I re-ink the entire stamp and then I line it up to the left of my original stamping

after re-inking the whole stamp once again I stamp it again to the left of the images already on my card. Usually I'm done by the time I've stamped it 3 times, but if the "row" isn't finished I continue till it is.

Now I start my second row making sure I start off the paper on the right and I line it up just above my first row

I finish off the second row just like I did the first, again stamping side by side and re-inking between each stamping.

This weeks card was so easy - I stamped both my tan and sage paper with a vintage green dye ink and then trimmed them to the sizes I needed. After I stamped my sentiment using brown dye ink I added the silhouette branch stamp using the vintage green ink again only this time I stamped it off once on scrap paper. After layering it on some brown paper I attached it all together.


I even had plenty of time to jazz up the inside with my branch stamp!


Thanks for stopping by! If you ever have any suggestions for future projects please let us know!!
Sue W.

5 comments:

Heather said...

This is gorgeous! That background is one of my favorites! Fabulous card!

Stef H said...

Your card is beautiful! I love your background stamps not only for the images but BECAUSE they are small. I had stopped using background stamps JUST for that reason - size! But with DRS you made it fun again!

Thanks!

Jessica G. said...

I love the DRS background stamps and this new Leaf BG is one of my favorites! It really is so easy to use and creates such an elegant DP. Speaking of elegant, great card; I really like the additon of the branch image with the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

Great card!! Love the soft colors and it goes to show you that you can pull inspiration from just about anywhere...even right outside your door!! :) TFS!

Judy Rozema said...

Just beautiful!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP