Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Sisters...

>> Sunday, January 25, 2009

posted by: Cathy

Hi There - I'm back to my Sunday posting!! Hopefully I can make this a regular thing and then you can visit the DRS Blog 7 days a week for inspiration! As we all know, your family especially, it's not a happy day when we don't stamp!!! (LOL)

Ok, so you're probably wondering what that title is all about! Well, in perusing all the great DRS Designs sentiments, I came across a whole bunch designed for sisters...having two girls (and oodles of supplies!), an idea instantly popped into my head...why not make a little coaster book that would highlight each of these awesome sentiments.

So, I got right to work. To be honest, finding pictures on my computer was more work and took much more time than it took to put this little book together!

Images by DRS Designs...



I thought this photo was perfect with this sentiment! DD#2 is a goofy, but cute kid and although this picture is a few years old, she is still the same when you want to take a posed photo of her! This was taken in Disney World on the girls first trip. I love the deer in the head lights look of the dd#1...hence the combination of the sentiment and photo. I used my Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet for the letter S for, you guessed it....Sister! It might be hard to tell in the photo, but I stamped on the solid blue lines of the paper with this border stamp by DRS in versamark ink...they are so versatile, I can't get enough of them!

Onto page 2:



I used the DRS interlocking heart background on my green panel. Again, I tried to coordinate the sentiment with the photos. This time I added an f for...friends!
As I mentioned, the book is made from coasters. I simply traced around the coasters onto my paper and then cut out. I stamped the papers and then adhered them to the coasters with two sided tape. The back sides are covered with a square of solid yellow patterned weight paper.

And the last page...



I used some patterned paper by Three Bugs in a Rug on page one and three. This picture was taken on the first day of school a couple of years ago. Again, the BFF = Best Friends Forever. This is a great photo because they are not always looking like this or feeling like they have the best sister in the world! Two girls, three years apart, at different phases in their lives can sometimes equal trouble!!! I keep telling them that they are lucky to have each other and I'm sure some day they will realize that! In the meantime we'll cherish the moments that they are actually civil to each other whether in the moment or in a photo!!

Here is another shot of the whole book...I added eyelets in the corners with my Crop-o-dile and ran a colored keyring through before attaching some grosgrain ribbon.



I hope you found some inspiration in this project...if you decide to work on a mini book of your own, let us know by coming back here and posting a link.

Check back tomorrow for the winner of the current DT challenge - ribbon slides AND the start of a new challenge. I hope you can join us!!

See you soon...

7 comments:

Stef H said...

OMGosh Cathy! I wish I had a sister! This is fabulous - pretty and fairly easy. Maybe I'll do one for my granddaughter. She's 3 and I STILL haven't started a scrapbook! Go figure!

Thanks for sharing.... this is really gorgeous!

Etha said...

What a sweet project :) Those sentiments are perfect :) I can tell you had a lot of fun putting this together :)

Anonymous said...

This is just DARLING!! Totally love your idea!! Cute pics too!! TFS!!

Sue said...

How fun is that???? I love the colors too! Way Cool!

Jessica G. said...

What a cute mini scrapbook -- it's perfect for sisters and sisters-of-the-heart, too!

Heather said...

This is wonderful! Great job Cathy!

peata said...

so stinkin cute.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP