Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Simple Elegance

>> Tuesday, January 27, 2009

posted by: Janette

Hi everyone! I am sad to say that this is my last post for you here on the DRS blog. I am so thankful to have had the chance to work with some awesome stamps and with the talented ladies on the design team. I can tell you that it won't be the last time using the stamps though.

Well, 2 weeks ago I showed you some some very sparkly, shimmery cards with lots of layers and embellishments. Today, I would like to show that I can also do simple and elegant. Really, I can LOL.

I am also glad that I had these cards done a few weeks ago because I badly sprained my ankle last week and have not really done much stamping at all since my craft area is in the basement- bummer! The first card uses the newly released butterfly stamp which is so pretty and elegant that it can stand alone. Take a peek:



I stamped the butterfly twice- once on the card and once on another piece of paper. The second butterfly I painted with lilac shimmerz, cut out and attached to the card over the other butterfly with pop dots. I also added rhinestones to the antennae. I pierced a trail for the butterfly and also punched a border on the bottom which was also accented with rhinestones before attached to the plum card base and finishing with ribbon.

stamp used- D226

My second card uses a newly released snowman silhouette stamp:



I stamped the snowman twice just like the butterfly card above. Once I stamped it with blue pearlescent ink and the second time I only stamped the top and embossed it with black. I cut out the embossed hat and attached it with pop dots over the blue snowman which I accented with stickles. I used some black grosgrain ribbon to make a scarf for him and then accented my card with black brads on each side. I finished the card by stamping the sentiment at the bottom.

stamps- DRS K247, F229

There is also a terrific coordinating snowflake bg stamp that would go nicely with the snowman stamp- H015

Hope to see many of you participating in the challenge that was posted yesterday. I would love to see what you all come up with since I was not able to participate in this one.

Have a wonderful day and happy stamping!

6 comments:

Stef H said...

These are just that.... Simple Elegance. Amazing how simple makes such beauty!

Good luck to you Janette. It's be wonderful seeing your fabulous work and learning from you.

God bless!

Etha said...

Oh I never doubted what you can do LOL :) These cards are amazing. Love the little bling addition to the lace border on the butterfly card!! Hope your ankle gets better soon!!

Jessica G. said...

Very pretty, Janette -- definitely elegant!

Anonymous said...

These are so gorgeous!! I really love that top one with the elegant border! :) TFS!

Anonymous said...

Janette - Love your blog. Really like almost all of the DRS stamps so it was hard to pick, but one of my favorites is the butterfly on the first card you posted today. It is small but detailed and I can see many uses for it.
Pat S. in WA
rosestamp1@yahoo.com

Sue said...

Simply Beautiful! - Thanks for all your hard work.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP