Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Watch out, Martha Stewart!

>> Thursday, November 20, 2008

posted by: Jessica G.

Martha Stewart most likely has nothing to fear from my decorating endeavors, but it's fun to play along occasionally! DRS Designs has so many wonderful Harvest and Thanksgiving-themed stamps than even decorating novices like myself can easily whip up some fun decorations.



Allowing my creativity and blog idea surfing to go wild, the Thanksgiving Ensemble I came up with includes a menu, napkin ring, candle, name placard, and wine glass charm.






The napkin 'ring' is a band of kraft cardstock stamped with a Hatchwork Background and Happy Thanksgiving sentiment (E1064), then backed with Tangerine Tango cardstock. Since I like to make the most of my stamping time, this napkin ring will also be used in our family scrapbook as the headline for this year's holiday pages.



Abby's name placard features this gorgeous Pumpkin w/Leaves image colored with Bic Markers to gain the vivid colors needed to stand out on kraft cardstock. The top of the image is cut out using a craft knife to create a fun margin when the card is folded in half. A bit of Mesh pattern is added to the margins for texture and my daughter's precious autograph complete the card -- another great scrapbook keepsake!




Can you tell I'm a big fan of this image? Using it on almost all the items is an easy way to create a cohesive theme. Please remember: these additions to the candle are for decoration only and should be removed prior to lighting the candle!




More fun with shrink plastic! a Harvest Postage Frame was stamped onto polyshrink, colored with Bic Markers, and a hole punched for the wine charm wire before baking it as directed to created the perfect-sized charm. Each charm can be colored uniquely for identification purposes.



A close-up view of the charm:


As I was working on projects for this posting, I kept coming up with more and more ideas for other fun Thanksgiving-themed crafts. Eventually, I had to realize that my time is limited and sometimes a bit of decorations along with a lot of family and good food are all you need to make your Thanksgiving truly special!
































9 comments:

fishlips said...

All of these are totally fantastic...Your Thanksgiving table is going to look just wonderful...Simply wonderful!!!!

Heather said...

These are wonderful! Great job!

Jennifer E. said...

You've really out done yourself with this set up!! I can see all of this making for a really beautiful Thanksgiving table. Great job!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is totally rockin' set up girl!! :)

Donelda said...

I LOVE it ALL Jessica!! And you are soooo clever, making your napkin ring become the title for your thanksgiving page in your scrapbook!! Love the color scheme and that is an awesome harvest image!!

Maria Matter said...

Excellent job Jessica!!! Absolutely fabulous!!!
Blessings, Maria

Etha said...

I love this whole ensemble! each little detail is super fun!

Meda said...

You have done a wonderful job. My favorite part is the way everything matches. Very inspiring.

Janette said...

absolutely gorgeous ensemble! I love all the ideas- TFS

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP