Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Berry Christmas wreath

>> Tuesday, November 11, 2008



posted by: Angel
Here's a classic Christmas card I created for this weeks' Featured Stamper challenge over on SCS. The featured stamper was Wendy, and man, what a gallery! Anyway, I wanted to use this wreath from DRS Designs since I hadn't yet. To create some depth, I colored the berries w/ burgundy and real red markers. I highlighted some w/ a white gel pen, traced around them w/ my bashful blue marker and also added crystal effects to them. If you click on the pic, you may be able to see it all better (another of those "cooler IRL things", ya know?!). I ran about 2/3 of the vanilla layer thru my 'bug w/ the swirl folder. I pierced along the edge of the embossing, then stamped the swirl image below. I could use that swirl stamp on everything, it is *so* cool!! The sentiment is from the large Christmas sentiment stamp that has several all on one. A filigree flower, brad and gingham finish it off! Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to check out our current blog challenge below and get to scrappin'!!!
card info: stamps ~ drs designs. paper ~ red, burgundy, vanilla. ink ~ red, black. access. ~ markers, nesties, punches, gingham, filigree flower, red brad, piercer, crystal effects, gel pen.

5 comments:

Etha said...

oh this is so pretty Angel! love that wreath and how you made the berries with the glaze, neat! The swirl is cool too, I want to use it in all my cards LOL, great layering.

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card! The red and black color combo is very striking and the berry wreath is one of my favorite DRS images!

Anonymous said...

Angel, I love this card with the wreath image!! The layout is very stunning!! Awesome creation!! :) TFS!

Dawn said...

This card is just wonderful! I love the wreath and the colors that you chose! great job!!!

Janette said...

very pretty- love the colors, so striking together!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP