Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

something simple

>> Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I had planned something more elaborate for today but life got in the way in some terrible motion, so I have to keep it simple for now.
I wanted to show you how you can combine the beautiful DRSdesigns backgrounders to suit your cards. I my example I used the brand new Interlocking Snowflake Background together with the Swish Easy Background! The Swish is just perfect to depict snowy hills:



These backgrounders are so easy to stamp you just can't go wrong. I stamped in versamark and clear embossed, then brayered different color inks over that. But wait, there are some totally cute snowmen in the picture as well! Brand new released Stretch the Round Button and Lil Stretch the Square Button snowmen! I stamped these first and then masked them before doing the backgrounds and brayering.
Except for the sentiment, this is a one layer card and I think it has a lot of dimension despite this!
I used the same technique in my challenge card where I used 4 different backgrounder stamps to make a background for my focal sentiment!

Etha

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is darling Etha! The beautiful winter scene is stunning!

Janette said...

very cute- love the embossing!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card, Etha! I really like the embossing/brayering combo. Hope life starts treating you better VERY soon!

Dawn said...

I love this card. the snowmen are darling and the sentiment is perfect! great job!

Teresa said...

Beautiful card!!!! It's amazing that you can do so much in one layer!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP