Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Halloween Pop-Up Card!

>> Friday, September 26, 2008




I used this tutorial on SCS to create my first ever pop-up card! I love how it folds flat and can still be mailed (rather cheaply! This will fit in an A2 size envelope!) yet it has a 3D look once it it "pop-ed" into place.


This photo shows it folded flat. It still curves up a bit at the scored lines, but adding pressure with my hands or if I put it in an envelope it would lie completely flat.




Did you see the DRS Designs blog this past Wednesday? Heather talked about all the different possibilities you can do with DRS Designs unmounted stamps. I used one of the techniques she mentioned in making this Pop-Up Card. The Happy Halloween image you see here is actually one stamp. I cut it apart so that I could use each word individually, as you see here, putting the words on either side of the pumpkin image. That's one of the great things about stamps from DRS Designs! You have the option of getting your stamps either wood mounted or unmounted, rubber only. Choosing the rubber only option makes these stamps so much more versatile!
Here's my Pop-Up card fully assembled in the 3D position!


The pumpkin image was colored with markers, and I heat embossed the sentiment using black embossing powder. Then, I added black ink with a stipple brush and inked the edges orange. I created the card tag as seen in the tutorial instructions mentioned above, and used a decorative corner punch on each of the top corners of the completed tag. I added a large yellow eyelet and threaded orange sheer ribbon through it to finish the tag.






Once I had the pop-up base assembled, I needed to add a little something to it, as the black cardstock alone looked a little plain. I added orange and yellow ribbon across it and formed a bow that I attached in the middle of the base. I colored 2 DRS Designs Pumpkin images with markers and cut them out. I used my Nesties to form 2 circle tags with them and added one to each side of the bow.



I have to admit, for my first time creating one of these cards, I think these little pumpkin guys turned out really cute!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Pumpkin Stack Up, Small Jack O Lantern, 2 Line Vertical Happy Halloween Greeting
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Tangerine, Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Bazzill Cardstock
Accessories:
Bic Markers, Joann's Scrap Essentials 3/16" Eyelets, Dashes Dots and Checks Ribbon by Michaels, C&G Sheer Orange Ribbon, Nesties, Creative Beginnings Black Embossing Powder, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch



Make sure to check back here on Monday. The DRS Designs DT will be posting a new Blog challenge that you won't want to miss--it's all about using stamps in a new way! So, put your thinking caps on this weekend and join us next week!

Hope your weekend is a great one!

Smiles,
Jennifer

6 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Cute, cute card! And interactive, too -- how fun! Beautiful coloring technique; the images are so vibrant.

Sue said...

Very Cute! Love the way you colored the pumpkins. It's like a mini miracle made out of paper!

Darlene said...

GREAT job on this card ... I find these to be a little tricky but they are so unique/cool when done properly! Your colors are so bright and vivid ... great idea!!

Karen said...

Great card - I shall go find the tutorial.

Samantha said...

Excellent card Jennifer! I just love they way you color your projects, They look so real.

Janette said...

very nice and you did a great job coloring it!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP