Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Poly-Shrink... where have you been all my life???

>> Thursday, August 21, 2008



ok... not ALL my life...I did use it when I was uhhh...younger...but forgot about it and NEVER did I think I would use it on cards... was I WRONG! I got a new stamp drom DRS Designs, this cute little snowflake ribbon slide, and remembered one of the other talented design team members had used it on her card and a light went off. Where was that stuff??? Well, I dug it out, stamped the snowflake ribbon slide with white stazon and cut it out of the plastic. I used a horizontal punch to make the slide holes... DON'T forget the holes! Then I got the heat gun and got TOTALLY freak out when it started to shrink... but lo and behold, it cane out perfect... so I made a few more. I strung them on some silver cord and added them to the front of the card. I embossed shiny cardstock with snowflakes and sponged ink on the snowflakes so they would show up. I also stamped the snowfalke ribbon slide on some paper, cut the holes and added some ribbon. So there you have it... I hope you like this card... it was really fun to create!

6 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Isn't polyshrink fun?? And what a great way to make personalized embellishments! Your snowflake sliders are the perfect example.

Anonymous said...

Gorgoeus!! What a neat idea!! I haven't used that in so long!! You've got me wanted to try it! :)

Heather said...

Great job Dawn!

Etha said...

What a beautiful card! I love the soft colors, the silver thread and your shrinkies! The cuttlebug background is just perfect with this!
I so get a kick out of shrinking this stuff with a heat gun. It really looks freakish but always flattens out at the end, I think many of us are children at heart :)

Janette said...

so pretty! I really do need to try the polyshrink idea. Hmm...the wheels are spinning now

Angel said...

those little snowflakes are WAY cute!!! great idea! guess i'll be needing to go get some polyshrink!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP