Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

More Sparkle: Glitter Window Tutorial

>> Thursday, August 28, 2008

Welcome to the second installment in my 'All that Glitters' Technique Tutorials. It wasn't my original intention to do more than one glitter tutorial, but once I started playing with the sparkly stuff, it was difficult to stop! Lucky for me, there is an abundance of glitter techniques to share; it also helps that my family doesn't mind living in the sparkly aftermath of all my projects. Everyone can use a little more sparkle in their life, and Glitter Windows are a quick and easy way to add that glitz.





Supplies needed: Stamps sized to fit inside punched areas (I used a portion of Flower Stamp K662), clear packing tape, clear/iridescent glitter (example: Dazzling Diamonds), and appropriate punches for making windows.



The best images for this technique have bold lines and are colored with bright hues; the glitter will soften details and colors as it amps up the shine. Some tutorials recommend punching window openings first and then lining up stamped images on a single sheet of background paper, but I find it easier to stamp images individually and then position these pieces behind the glitter window.


After you have punched out the desired shape, flip paper to the reverse side and apply a strip of packing tape to completely cover the punched opening (sticky side should be facing the same direction as front side of cardstock).


Sprinkle glitter onto sticky side of adhesive and tap off extra.

Apply adhesive to front of stamped image and carefully position under finished glitter window. The glitter side will be facing out:




A glitter window adds a fun (and sparkly!) focal point to this mini 3 x 3 Sparkling Flowers card:


10 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

What a fun project - looks great!

Anonymous said...

Darling card!! Pretty cool idea!! :)

Janette said...

so pretty Jessica! I love this technique and it has been awhile since I have done it, time to do it again I think. TFS!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen this technique...definitely need to try it! Thank you for sharing that :)

Etha said...

Oh that looks like fun! I love all glitter stuff :) thanks for showing this interesting technique :)

Karen said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog :)
I certainly am pleased to have discovered yours, esp with so many great hints and tips.
Love your cards and the doggy frame, and I have had shrink plastic on my wish list for such a long time: I must get some!

Maria Matter said...

Wow, this is my first visit and what do I see...the glitter window tutorial! I love glitter!!!! Ok this blog is going right into my blog roll! Thanks for making this technique look easy...I'm now inspired! Thank you!!!

Kelly L said...

Beautiful tutorial! I just love the glitter technique, and you showcased it beautifully. I agree with Deb, nice manicure, too. :) hee hee

Dawn said...

Sp pretty! LOVE how the black just sets this off! and glitter... don't even get me started on how much i LOVE glitter! great tutorial!
Dawn

Jennifer E. said...

Love this idea! TFS and typing up the tutorial.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP