Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Cheerful Smiles

>> Tuesday, August 9, 2022


Hi Everyone,

My card today is generic, one of those cards that you can you use as a birthday, friendship or thinking of you cards.  In my opinion, you can never have enough of these in your card stash.

While I know Dogwoods don't come in these colors, it's my favorite flower stamp from the DRS Designs store, and I thought it would work for a background colored up in these fresh, happy colors. 




I added a die cut sentiment from the Cheerful Smiles Get Well Greeting which was embellished with a piece of ribbon.  I tried to resist the siren call of glitter but was unsuccessful.  It found its way to the centers of the flowers ;) 

The yellows and oranges are making me think about the next season....GAH! I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer, so I'm quickly squashing that thought. 

Enjoy the summer as long as you can folks!

Have a good one!
Karin 

 

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh Karin I love this so much! I love the happy colors, the great sentiment and versatility of this card. I love the addition of glitter and the fantastic background you created with the dogwood flowers. This is incredibly gorgeous and beautifully designed.

Sue said...

This card is amazing Karin! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the orange and yellow flowers. Who cares what reality is - and hey, maybe you've inspired someone to create a new color dogwood :)
I'm also totally impressed with the partial saying - it's really perfect for an anytime card!
PS - the glitter is a perfect finishing touch :)

Samantha said...

I love the colors, no matter if they are 'correct' or not! It's a lovely card you've created and it would brighten anyone's day. Beautiful!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh wow, gorgeous card! I love the happy cheery colors you used and the fun cheerful sentiment too!

nwilliams6 said...

I am so digging out that flower image and using it soon! Karin, this is beautiful and so well done. GORGEOUS card. Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP