Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Easy Summer Cards

>> Tuesday, June 29, 2021

 Hi Everyone,

Last week I went on a getaway with my husband to an inn, down in the heart of Amish country in Ohio.  It was our first time away since, what I call, "the before times".  While it wasn't completely normal due to them being short staffed, and my husband working from his lap top, it was still a pleasant escape from suburban life.   I was scrambling a bit before we left home, so I made these two quick cards with a summer theme.



I masked off this vertical strip and sponged lol on various greens and yellow ink to achieve this color. Before removing the masking, I stamped the Citrus Slice all along the colored portion, and then added the It's Five O'clock Somewhere Greeting adding a few gems for embellishment.





It was so quick and easy I made a second card using the same technique, just different stamps and enamel dots. 




The stamps for the above card are as follows:


Summer Story Greeting

4 in 1 Seashells




While I wasn't at the beach, here's a peek at the lovely scenery where we stayed...








That's me outside the entrance.  These rooms are called the "honeycombs" and they're built into the side of a hill.  They all have stone patios with bird feeders outside and you can even hear the baaaah of the sheep in the distance.  Not a big deal to some, but slightly magical to this suburban/city gal :) 


Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to visit DRS Designs for all your summer stamping needs!
Karin
  





4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, these are two totally fabulous and fun cards. Love the images and fun summer vibes. They go perfect with your fun vacation photos. Super fun to see a picture of you!!! Fun post and great cards! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Very cool place to stay in! Your cards are beautiful and clean, love the cool design!

Lisa said...

Yeah Karin I am so thrilled you got away for a bit. Oh that looks like a wonderful place to visit too. Super photo of you.

I love both of these cards. They are CAS perfection and a great way too use different images and layouts but still get a fun effect and neat card.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are terrific, Karin! Love the rounded corners & strips of color against the white bgs. great pics you took! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP