Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Fa La La Fun

>> Wednesday, December 2, 2020

I hope you are getting in the holiday spirit and getting your shopping and card making all finished up.  I am getting close!  

Today, I have two cards focusing on the fun Fa La La verse from Deck the Halls.  

This first card was made using the (new) New Home Greeting and my favorite Script Font Background.  I cased THIS card done by Melissa at Splitcoaststampers.com (she is this week's Featured Stamper and a new member of the Dirty Dozen).  

I hand cut the hearts and painted them with watercolors.  I used the leftover water colors on my background.  Once the hearts dried, I used a Tile Embossing Folder and then sponged over the embossing to bring it out using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I had the love part of the greeting covered so I had to add something to represent the laughter .  I love the  Fa La La La La  verse in Deck the Halls so I cut them out using the small Recollections Alpha die.  I doubled them up for support.  Some faux stitching finished this card up.

The negative of the die cut was laying on my counter so I decided to use it as a stencil and make one more card.  I sponged on several colors of SU! and CTMH inks and made the Fa La background.  Isn't it fun?
I have been wanting to use the new Sticky Note Calendar on an actual sticky note so I tried it and it worked perfectly.  When looking through my stamps to finish this off, the Peeking Gnome jumped right out (literally - lol).  I think he adds a lot of fun to this already fun card.  The greeting is the Small Merry Christmas Greeting cut in half.  Super quick and easy card. 

Hope your week has been going well.  

Hugz,

Nancy


5 comments:

Shelia said...

How fun are these cards! They are both so cute & clever! I really like the FaLaLa die cuts on the first one. It just makes me smile. Putting the peeking gnome on the calendar is brilliant! Why didn’t I think of that?! Great cards, Nancy!

Karin said...

I adore your cards today! I love how you used a portion of new home greeting and made a holiday card. Awesome background and the Fa La La is super fun! Love that little gnome/elf peeking over the calendar too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Tases are so fun, Nancy! I love the color on both & the Fa La La La is such a great look. Both the die cuts & the negative stenciling.

Robin Clendenning said...

Love the Falalalala on both cards, genius! That peeking Gnome on the second card is so darling!! Love it!
Love the stitching around the first card and the script bg too! The sentiment and hearts, well everything is so pretty! 2 wonderful cards!

Lisa said...

Nancy that top card is amazing! I am in awe of your talent. That bottom card with the gnome is so stinkin cute! Two super cards for the holidays.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP