Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Father's Day Ship

>> Friday, May 22, 2020

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff
 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Hard to believe it's Memorial Day weekend already. Won't be long until Father's Day so I have a card for Dad today. I envisioned it like the inside of a ship, w/ a porthole looking out & a framed picture of the big catch & a stuffed trophy shark hanging on the wood planks. Apparently Dad's fishing boat is pretty good size!
I stamped the porthole, masked it then stamped the woodgrain bg w/ the brown ink & sponged it using the Distress inks. I added deeper lines & nails w/ a Copic marker then colored the frame of the porthole. For the inside, I actually die cut out the circle, stamped & colored the scene, then put it back. I used a few of the frames to stamp my portrait, greeting & backing for the shark & cut them out. After I attached them, I shaded underneath them to give them some depth. They're not popped up..they're flat to the background.

Here's the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!


Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white
ink: Memento tuxedo black, rich cocoa, Distress inks antique linen, gathered twigs
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch, circle dies, Copic Sketch Markers




4 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

That's too cute Julie! Love the mounted shark and the porthole with the fun sea scene. Great bg too, love the nails in the wood.

Shelia said...

Oh my goodness, Julie, this is such an amazing card! Love all the elements you put together for this. If my dad liked to fish I’d be casing this for certain!

nwilliams6 said...

Brilliant designing and stamping, Julie. Love how you turned the images into wall decorations. I so want to try this!!!! Fun, fun, fun. Love it. Hugz

Karin said...

Wow! A masterpiece of a card! The wood background is amazing and I really like the porthole scene! Every fishy detail is incredible :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP