Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Holiday Tree Line

>> Friday, December 6, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! It's been pretty chilly here this week..in fact we had a dusting of snow on Monday. I guess it's time to bring out the big coats. Well, big for this area. We're not talking the Michelin man type coats. Just a wool peacoat. Those big puffy coats may be lightweight & all, but I always feel like the little kid in  A Christmas Story. I can't move my arms & they make me look like a Macy's parade floaty balloon. 

When I sat down to make this card, I already knew I wanted to do a quick scene but originally  I was going to use kraft. Then I wondered what it would look like on green, so I tried out a couple of greens before settling on this one. I put it into my Misti, stamped the Winter Trees a couple of times, then added the Single Fall Tree over on the right. The snowflakes were stamped w/ white pigment ink & the snow on the ground is sponged Brilliance ink.  I knew I would have to use quite a bit & it dries faster than the Colorbox ink. I used a white gel pen for the snow on the trees & also a white Prismacolor pencil for more defined snow on the ground & around the panel edges. The partial greeting was added & I used the white gel pen on the letters.
When I was finished w/ the snow & greeting, I put it all together w/ a larger green panel behind the scene. I added a die cut cardinal (had to have a touch of red), & some stickles on the snow. 
Here's the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, pine green, scrap of red for the cardinal
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox frost white pigment, Brilliance moonlight white
accessories: Misti, Rubbernecker Rectangle StitchSmall Birds dies, white gel pen, white Prismacolor pencil, stickles

5 comments:

Sue said...

What a beautiful scene Julie! I almost cannot believe my eyes that I'm really seeing green and LOVING it! What a bold idea and totally worked for you! The pop of red and those snow covered letters are excellent finishing touches!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, Julie, this is so pretty with green. Your snow touches are perfect and so well done. The cardinal is a brilliant idea. GORGEOUS card! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful card Julie and so unique! I love the dark green bg with the beautiful black and white details! Your cardinal really pops being the one bright color on the card!

Shelia said...

Beautiful card, Julie. The green color with the white details & pop of red is absolutely gorgeous!

Karin said...

Gorgeous! I love the monochromatic green of the card which makes that little birdie just pop! It's a card that really highlights the beauty of the season :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP