Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Water and Sky!

>> Monday, June 24, 2019

Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I'm in Virginia for the week. I get to babysit a couple of my grandkids while their parents go to the beach to celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary. Fun!!! for them and us!

I have a couple of cards to share with you today. The first has a hot air balloon popped up with an Action Wobbler. I think those wobblers are so fun for the recipient to open.


I started with a piece of white CS and sponged on some SU Bashful Blue ink with a homemade cloud border to create the sky. Once that dried I stamped the greeting and two tiny balloons. The larger balloon was stamped onto white CS, colored with Altenew Artist Markers, fussy cut and added to the panel with the Action Wobbler.

My next card was inspired by fellow DT member, Robin. She shared a card a couple of weeks ago with a fish bowl she had created and it reminded me I have a fish bowl die, so I had to use it.


I die cut the fish bowl out of light blue CS, stamped the plants with Memento Bamboo ink, colored them with Copics and sponged some blue ink along the edges for definition. The light house and little fish were stamped onto white CS, colored with Copics and fussy cut. I added a piece of kraft CS for the sandy bottom, but now wish I had just used my copics to color it ink. Anyway, I added everything to the fish bowl, stamped the fish bubbles and added the bowl to the die cut banners along with the greeting and put the card together. I kept looking at it and thinking something isn't right about this. And then I realized I hadn't put any water in the bowl! Those poor fish!! So I used the water, snow line image and stamped the water line using a mask since I'd already attached the bowl to the card. Lastly I added some Nuvo clear drops to the fish bubbles. My family loves fish tanks and fish bowls so this is a card, I'll probably do more than once.

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, some super creative ideas on these cards! The balloons are super and I know the larger one is super cool IRL when it moves. Great sky and design. The fish bowl is very fun - I wish I had a fish bowl die (I may have to get one). It is a great birthday card - especially for a family that loves fish. Awesome cards. Hugz

nwilliams6 said...

PS hope you are having a blast in Virginia!!!!

Karin said...

Oh Shelia, that fish bowl card is so cute! How very clever of you to use that tiny lighthouse here and I like the way you colored up those fishes too :) Putting the big balloon on a wobble makes this card extra fun and that sky on that card is just marvelous!

Robin Clendenning said...

Cute balloon card and the sentiment is perfect! The fish bowl card is so darling! What a great fish bowl die! Love the plants, bubbles, fish and toy lighthouse to decorate! That sketch is beautiful too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute are these, Shelia! Love your cloudy blue sky w/ the balloons floating up. Your fishbowl is so fun & I love the lighthouse at the bottom. Both of these are super cute!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP