Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

SummerTime and The Livin' Is Easy

>> Thursday, June 27, 2019

Good morning!
I have some nautical cards for you today!
I used the older sail boat and the new sail boat in the 4 in 1 Ocean Design I also
used the new birds in the 4 in 1 in the sky with favorite On My Mind
The dies are some older decorative dies from HC.
I use cord wrapped around the card top and bottom then used it to
 make a rope frame for my seascape.  I used a 1/2" glue dot to make a rope coil and glued 
it to the bottom right of the rope frame.  The sky was done sponging dye inks
 on in layers of orange and pink and then used a white pen to outline some and white pigment ink under the white lines.  I like the effect it had.  The water was also sponged after masking the boats and using post its for the horizon.  I used Brilliance Jade and Sky Blue. 
 I used the white pen to add some shimmer in the water.

This next card was done using a sketch challenge at SCS.
For the main image I used a lot of masking to create the land, water and masking the anchor which was stamped first.  I stamped the Anchor

and then used a square die to do an "out of the box" cut, turning it also to make a diamond shape.
I stamped the boat next and used masking tape torn to make the land masses.  I used a straight piece to form the horizon.  I masked the anchor and the boat then sponged the sea and the land.  Once I had the land I then stamped the lighthouse.  I sponged the sky then stamped the birds.
I thought the paper around the center image was a bit plain so I stamped the shells and the fish, colored them then fussy cut and glued to the red strips of cardstock.
That's about it!
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful display of your sponging talent and creativity, Robin. You made these images totally shine. The sky and the circle of rope on the first card are amazing. I saw that sketch on SCS and ran fast as it looked hard, but you totally nailed it with this awesome card. Brilliant designing. Hugz

Karin said...

Two wonderful sailing cards today! Wow, the sky on your first one is so, so pretty. Love the gorgeous frame too! On the second one, I love how you used the fish and seashells as embellishments on that great sketch! Both scenes are so tranquil and peaceful...I'm ready to vacation there!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are super, Robin! Super designs, super colors...Love the sailboats w/ the bright sky behind them & pretty die cut bg. And your anchor card is so fun w/ the fishes & shells on the borders.

Shelia said...

Beautiful cards, Robin. Love these pretty little summer scenes you created. Makes me want to be wherever this is!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP