Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Spring Vibes

>> Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Hi Everyone,

While my cards today are unrelated, I feel that what they have in common is a springtime vibe.  Spring arrives at the end of the week, so I'm here to usher it in a few days early!

Here I used the Puff Circle as a design element, and used my circle punches to layer them up.  I added the Bitsy Bumble Bee as the fourth element and paired everything up with the Another Year Flies By Greeting.  Since the background was an embossed honeycomb, I added a few stamped Honeycomb Designs to the greeting to match.  To finish the card, I added gems to the center of the flowers and a die cut vellum butterfly.


Here is a CAS sympathy card made using the Silhouette Leaf Branch stamp and the 
Remembrance Sympathy Greeting.  I chose a soothing green ink for the trees, stamping once and then again without reinking, to get that shadow effect.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I added a line of glitter under the trees before I attached the sentiment panel.


Now that Easter is just around the corner, I began making my Easter dinner invitations.  I always go with a simple design, so here they are:


And when I was even too lazy to color the crosses, I switched to die cut bunnies.


Here are the stamps I used for these:

Please stop by the DRS Designs shop to see all of the great spring time stamps!

Have a happy day :)
Karin



5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, what a fab collection of cards. I love your Easter invitations - wish I was coming! Great sympathy card - has a super peaceful and touching feel to it. Your bee and puff card is great! It is super happy and your sketch is wonderful. I love all your special touches on these brilliant cards! Hugz

Sue said...

You've been so busy!! Excellent job on all 4 cards! LOVE your sympathy card - that tree is absolutely perfect! Your bee card is SO cute - those puffs look great die cut with the gems in the center and your Easter invites look great! Although I will say I'd rather color a bunch of crosses than drag out my cuttlebug ;)

Shelia said...

Super cute collection of cards, Karin. They are all excellent. I really like the sympathy card. That image is so soothing. Your dinner invites are great, too. Beautiful color combo!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow, look at all those cards!! Great job on ALL the bg's .
I think my favorite is the tree card, it's just beautiful!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are fabulous, Karin! The colors are perfect for spring. The purples on the 2 w/ the puffs is wonderful & I love the texture of the lavender bands. And your sympathy card is so pretty in the greens.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP