Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Christmas Holiday

>> Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I'm really cutting it close when it comes to getting my cards made and mailed out this year...Please, tell me I'm not alone...lol!  I think if I get to the post office today or tomorrow, I'll still be able to make the deadline.  If you're in the same boat with me, here's a little last minute inspiration.

I have a friend that inherited his family home, and he's in the process of remodeling it.  HIMSELF.  I'm in awe. Home improvement is one of my nightmares.  So, this card that features the
Tool Christmas Stocking, is a stamp that was tailor made for his holiday card. I colored it up, die cut and matted it, adding a silver, metal like snowflake for embellishment.



I used an embossing folder that had gears on it and embellished that with some metal brads, to keep with the theme of the masculine card, finishing it by adding the Fixin' Merry Christmas Greeting.

I realized I needed to make a card at the last minute, so that always means clean and simple.  This one couldn't have been easier.

I die cut a tree and embossed it with some snowflakes, adding a few touches of glitter glue.  I grabbed my watercolor brush and painted the background in a tree shape, and once it was dry, I attached it with some dimensional foam tape.


I grabbed my punches and the Small Happy Holidays sentiment and called it done.  I know it's plain, but it really makes my heart sing.  I've already decided this will be my Christmas party invites for next year.  

The big day is one week away...I'm wishing you peace and joy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Karin


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

What a wonderful card for someone remodeling a home, Karin! Love the stocking color, the snowflake and your gear bg. Fun! The second one is a beautiful CAS card. These are great. You are not alone - I have to run get more envelopes today! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute Karin! I love the embossing folder you used on the tool card and the little metal pieces too! Love the embossed tree on the second card too, beautiful!

Sue said...

Both of these cards are just plain fun! Great idea using the gears for the background for the tool stocking as well as all the metal embellishments! I LOVE your second card! You know I'm all about the CAS and this is perfect!! I just may have to try something similar ;)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

these are wonderful, Karin! I'm right there with you! I always feel so behind & I did manage to mail some yesterday, but then ran out of stamps! Your tool stocking is super. I love the colors and embossing.

Shelia said...

Your embossed background is perfect for this new tool stocking! Your card is perfect for your friend who is remodeling! Beautiful CAS card too. The watercoloring really makes your die cut tree pop off the card! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP