Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Apple Pie Anyone???

>> Saturday, November 17, 2018

Welcome!

What would Thanksgiving be without apple pie??  Don't get me wrong, I love pumpkin pie but it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without apple pie either :)



I had a lot of fun making this card!  I just love it when I can change things up and it actually comes out the way I envisioned it :)

I started by stamping our Floor image along the bottom of my card and adding some horizontal lines to change it into a tablecloth.  Next I stamped our new Pie and Coffee image on a separate piece of card stock and instead of making it pumpkin pie I went out on a limb and turned it into apple pie by coloring it all beige and then adding the "cinnamon".  For the "picture" on the wall, I stamped our Deco Thanksgiving Greeting on orange card stock and trimmed it to size.  Next I stamped our Wood Grain Image on white and colored it and then cut 4, 1/8" strips.  To make my frame I placed tiny strips of tape along the edge of the previously stamped orange paper (not in the corners) and adhered my 4 thin strips of wood grain to the very edge.  Using scissors I cut through all 3 layers of paper (just to the edge of the wood grain and the excess paper fell away and my corners were now mitered :)





Thanks for stopping by!!
Sue

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, love the framing, the bright colors, the tablecloth, and that great apple pie. I took a pie making class two weeks ago and we made apple pie so I am definitely bringing pie this Thanksgiving. GREAT card. Hugz

Karin said...

Ohhhhhh! This card is just ALL kinds of clever! Like it never came to mind that I could make this pie something else...lol! I LOVE your frame too....My mind is blown!!! :) :) :)

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh awesome!! I love all the different pies we can make! I never thought of a fruit pie with top crust! You are a genius!! Great card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How fun is this, Sue! Love the tablecloth & bright colors. Your apple pie looks tasty..and perfect for Thanksgiving.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP