Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Trick or Treat Jack

>> Friday, September 14, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! I'm so ready for fall! This has to be one of the warmest, most HUMID summers we've had since we've lived in Georgia. Now they're telling us we may get a bunch of rain from Florence after she's finished w/ the Carolinas. Yippee..my rain boots have really had a work out this summer. Sigh.. 

So despite the swampy weather, I have a Halloween card today. I'm using one of my fave images, this Happy Pumpkin, but I always call him Jack.  I love his jaunty hat & big grin. After I colored him & die cut him I added a narrow purple layer. The background was embossed w/ 2 different folders. I wish you could see it in person..it is SOOOO sparkly. I went over all the high points w/ a Versamarker then heat embossed them w/ a black sparkly powder.
I stamped just part of a large greeting & embossed it as well. Then I used a small rounded oval die to cut it. 

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Fancy Pumpkin,  Smell My Feet Empty Spider Web (inside -Bump into Me )
paper: Staples 110# white, black, purple
ink: Memento tuxedo black
accessories: Copic markers,Misti,starry night embossing powder, stitched rectangle dies, spider web embossing folder, spider embossing border, oval rectangle die

 

4 comments:

Sue said...

Awesome card Julie!! I love the simple CAS look with the pop of purple and orange! I can see a bit of the sparkle and can't wait to see it live in person!

Robin Clendenning said...

I LOVE purple and orange together! So eye pleasing! Your witches hat is amazing and your Jack is wonderful as well!

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful coloring on that pumpkin, Julie. You made it come to life and pop right off the card. The black embossed bg really sets off the colors. A great Halloween card. Hugz

Shelia said...

Awesome Halloween card, Julie. Your coloring is superb! I love the sparkling background too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP