Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Goodbye Summer

>> Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Hi Everyone,

Even though my post is titled Goodbye Summer, it sure is hanging around my neck of the woods.  It's been in the 90's for the past few days, and they even cancelled school yesterday, due to extreme heat and humidity.  I don't mind a few extra hot days before the long days of winter, but I read that it's not good for fall leaf colors, and that is the real bummer for me.  

I tried to bring in the spirit of fall on my card with the new greeting that I inked up on my multicolored ink pad.  It matched my card base and background that I created using the Silhouette Branch Background stamp.


I attached the sentiment with some dimensional foam taped and embellished it with a couple of die cut leaves and the stamped and colored up the October Pumpkin with Fall Leaves.

After making this card I realized that I didn't have a birthday card for my niece.  Oooops! However, DRS Designs came to the rescue with this Ohio Buckeye stamp.  I colored it up, adding some glitter to the little nut and die cut it.  I made a strip of patterned paper using the Splatter background stamp, which hasn't seen it rightful spot in my stamp folder in months.  It is now perpetually on my stamping table, because I use it constantly! All time favorite, for real! :)  


And this was all made in the scarlet and grey color combo, to celebrate her love of OSU.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karin

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, your cards are wonderful. I love the bg you made on the first and the colors are gorgeous. Super fun personalized card on the second! Fun stuff, girl!

Shelia said...

Beautiful cards, Karin! You make the best use of those background stamps! Love your Buckeye card in scarlet & grey.myour niece will love it!

Sue said...

These are great Karin!! Love the rainbow pad for the goodbye summer greeting! Your OSU card is amazing! Love the patterned paper you created with the splatter background and your choices of both the embossing folder and the die cut shape!

Robin Clendenning said...

Love your variegated sentiment on the first card and that great embossed leaf! The second card with the Ohio Buckeye is really cool. We have buckeye too, it is the first to turn when it gets near fall.
Very fun!! Love your cards!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are beautiful, Karin! Great colors & I know your niece will adore them! I'm laughing (sorry!) at your saying school closed due to heat & humidity. It's similar to what y'all say to us about snow down here in the south, lol. When I was in 5th grade, my dad had to be in Dayton for 2 weeks in the summer so the whole family went. The temps were in the upper 80's & all the headlines were saying "HEATWAVE!" We about died laughing!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP