Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Pigs on Vacay Selfie

>> Friday, July 15, 2016

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Seems everywhere you look, you see a selfie of someone. Well, my little pigs on vacation are all on board with that trend!

To make my selfie card, I die cut my "polaroid" frame, then cut a larger square out of white to go behind the frame. I figured by having the square already cut, I wouldn't have to mask the frame. The vacationing pigs were stamped & I did mask them...but here's a little tip..I've used these pigs before so I already had masks for them. When I cut a mask, I usually stamp the image a few times, line them up stacked on top of each other & cut them all at once. Then I save the masks in a little baggie w/ the images, so I can pull them out & use them when needed. Saves a lot of time in the long runAfter masking them, I stamped the flamingo scene behind them & colored everything. The little glasses were die cut & I colored the white lenses w/ Copics to look like sunglasses.
Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used to color everything.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend & if you don't have any selfies, make your own!
Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white, X-press It white, turquoise
ink: Memento tuxedo black (Kaliedacolor bouquet on inside)
accessories: Copic markers,stitched rectangles dies, Spellbinders A2 matting basics B, squares dies  Misti, word tag die, TE glasses die, Baker’s twine



 

7 comments:

Shelia said...

Great selfie card, Julie! Those piggies really look like they're on vacation & having fun!

Sue said...

This is just TOO cute Julie! My first thought was that Leonard was photo bombing the Hula Pig - but I love your selfie angle too :) Absolutely adorable no matter which way I look at it!

Samantha said...

Super cute, Julie! I'm glad the piggies got a vaca this year!

Janett said...

Such a fun card.Great coloring.

Robin Clendenning said...

I love this Julie!! Those piggies really do look like they are taking a selfie especially Leonard... he looks like he is photo bombing, heehee!! Love the luau and tropical look!!

Karin said...

Cuteness overload! I love the photo frame, it really looks like a selfie!

nwilliams6 said...

Om gosh, I totally love this!!! You brought those pigs and flamingos to life with your awesome coloring and designing skills. Wow! Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP