Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Embossing Folder Technique

>> Saturday, May 9, 2015

Good morning!
Today I've done the embossing folder technique in honor of our Thursday challenge, Beautiful Backgrounds.

I used watercolor paper (4 X 5 1/4) for this technique.  First I just ponce some distress ink, starting with the lightest color, on the raised side (normally the label side) of an embossing folder.  Then with a mister, I mist it very well with water (or shimmer spray...anything very wet).  Next, just lay your paper onto the inky surface, close the folder and press with your fingers. Don't worry about pressing each tiny bit of surface, it actually looks better with a more random inking.
I then matted with one of the colors (4 1/8 X 5 3/8) and glued to a white standard card base ( A2- 4 1/4 X 5 1/2). 
My image was stamped on smooth white cardstock, colored with Copic Markers then cut out and foam taped (3-M) to the background. I tried to give a wood look to my frame with some grain lines, I'm not sure if you can see those or not.  I stamped just the butterfly portion again, colored and cut out to give the butterfly a popped out look. I just added a sheer yellow ribbon bow to finish it off.
Well, if you have tried this technique before, I hope you grab some DRS stamps, an embossing folder and go create! Have fun this weekend!
Robin

7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Love the way that ef bg came out and your colors are so pretty! Lovely card Robin!!!

Janett said...

So pretty. Love the background great colors and your flowers are beautiful.

Sue said...

Love your bright happy colors Robin! I'm going to try your background technique ASAP :)

Jennifer E. said...

Thanks tor explaining this technique ...your results are beautiful and so Spring-like!!!

Shelia said...

such a lovely card and your background turned out fabulously!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Robin! Love your bg and the colors are so pretty, So springy & lovely!

Karin said...

Such a cool background! Great technique and it looks lovely with your gorgeous daffodils!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP