Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Red Postcard

>> Friday, December 5, 2014

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope you had a wonderful week! Since Christmas is fast approaching, I've decided I need to get serious about gift buying. I was gone all last week so I missed the after Thanksgiving sales, and since Thanksgiving came late this year, I really need to buckle down! I think I'll be ok with Christmas cards...but I do need to get some envelopes addressed. No stress...Right??? Aye yi yi! 

My postcard style Christmas card today features more of the wonderful little Christmas Village images. All were stamped, colored and fussy cut. I used a large postage stamp die to cut the red layer..it is actually a square die but I resized it to make it rectangular. After sponging the edges with a darker red ink, I stamped the tree line border across the top, added some snow with a white gel pen, then attached my village images. The greeting was stamped on a smaller white postage stamp die cut,  the edges were sponged w/ blue, a circle was traced around it and a few "post mark" lines were drawn on top. The snowflake background was stamped on the white card front using the love letter ink. The card is 5.50 x 4.25 and these are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
paper: white, red
ink: Memento tuxedo black, love letter, Bahama blue
accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders postage stamp square dies, white gel pen, black micron pen

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow, Julie! Your card is awesome! The red background is so striking and I just love the little postmark you created!

Karin said...

How CUTE! I love the snowflakes along the border and the creative postcard idea! Your attention to detail just blows me away :)

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow! That is a spectacular postcard card!! Love the red snowflakes on the bg. Love all the white gel pen on the red bg. Wow!! Fun card!

Laurie Unger said...

Wow! Love this scene and your coloring is spectacular!

Sue said...

What an eye catching card! Loved the instructions on stretching the die too! I'll be trying that one soon!

Jennifer E. said...

Love how the scene is arranged on the red background and how the white gel pen makes the snow look so real! Awesome scene card!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP