Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Difference Between Cats and Dogs!

>> Friday, April 9, 2010

The Dogs Have Owners sentiment (E776) says it all and this  "Purr"fectly Comfortable Kitty (L815) shows you just how true it is! LOL!


I had fun creating this card for you today using a variety of different techniques.  I first stamped the image on white cardstock and used a Nestabitlity die to cut it out.  While it was still in the die, I used a mask to cover the couch and kitty, and then sponged light brown ink around it.  Next, I paper pieced each of the different colors in the image.  I then used my Copic Markers to color the Kitty's ears, eyes, nose and collar. 

I split up the sentiment into 2 parts to make it fit better on my card front.  (Gotta love unmounted rubber!)  The white portion of the sentiment was heat embossed with white embossing powder.   The cat portion of the sentiment was stamped with ink and was also cut out with a Nestie die and sponged with brown ink while in the die.  Some ribbon and brads help add a bit more dimension to this card and make it complete.

So, who gets your vote, dogs or cats?

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a great weekend!


Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a super card, Jennifer! Love the colors and neat layout. That's one pampered pet!

Debbie Seyer said...

Love this. The extra steps you put into the card make it wonderful!

Samantha said...

Oooh Jennifer - I love this card. The colors are awesome and that kitty looks oh so comfortable!

Dawn said...

This is gorgeues! I love the color pallette and the layout is sooo fun! great job...

Sue said...

Love it, Love it, Love it!!! Very cool with the white borders!!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP