Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

If you've ordered...

>> Sunday, February 15, 2009

posted by Cathy...

from DRS Designs, chances are you have received your order in one of these bags...



Aren't they cool? Did you happen to save your bag or were you so excited to get your new stamps did you rip it open and then think later, gee...I probably should have saved that. Most stampers (it's ok to admit it!) save all kinds of packaging, etc either to copy the template and/or use whatever has been save in another way. We are the best recyclers on the planet!!! Anyway...getting to my point...if you have saved your bag (you can always place another order to get another one if you didn't!) here's an idea of something you can do with it!!






This is one of the easiest, quickest, prettiest, thoughtfulest (is that a word?) gift you can make...I see lots of teacher/Mother's Day gifts in my future!!!

I simply stamped the delicate flower background image in olive green staz-on ink and then used one of my cuttlebug dies (you could also use tiny primas or sequin flowers) to cut some tiny flowers from felt. I grabbed my container of pastel seed beads and stitched two beads into the center of each flower. (Click on the photos for a closer view) I caught an edge on each flower to keep it attached to the bag. I then stitched a bead on every bud in the image. Since I wanted a pretty ribbon rather than the string that the bag came with, I pulled it out and then ran some satin ribbon in the same holes. I did cut them a little on each side to accommodate the width of my ribbon but otherwise the ribbon slid through much easier than I thought it would.

After my bag was all prettied up, I added some potpourri and tied the ends of my ribbon. I added a couple of clear pony beads to dress up the ends and then added a tag. The hearts are from a large sizzix die and the sentiment is a newer release from DRS. I attached it to the ribbon with a little safety pin.




Very quick, very easy, very pretty and very inexpensive! I hope this inspires you to use some of those items you've been recycling!

Thanks for checking in...if this inspires you to do something with your bags, be sure to stop back and post a link to your creation...I might need some other ideas for all those teachers my girls have!!!

See you soon...

10 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! This bag is gorgeous! What a beautiful way to recycle! Great job!

Stef H said...

I've been a member of the DRS Rubber Mania Club for several years and I always thought I could come up with an idea for this wonderful little bag. NOT! Now I've got one! Thanks for sharing this and getting my creative juices flowing. I hate wasting good stuff!

Jessica G. said...

What a wonderful gift bag! I definitely saved mine and this is a fantastic conversion from mailer to keepsake gift!

Etha said...

this is so sweet :) the first time I got one of those baggies in the mail I thought that was a super cool idea!! I'm sure my mailman got a kick out of it as well.

Jennifer E. said...

What a cute idea! Cathy, you are so creative! Thanks for the inspiration!

Mandy said...

WOW....so gorgeous. I love any kind of stitched element and this is spectacular. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Cathy, this is so so adorable!! That is one of my fav images!! Great job with that bag!! :)

Dawn said...

OHHH... I love this idea... now I want like a gazillion of these to make gifts with... off to my DRS wish list!!!

Sue said...

WOW! Clean and Classy! What a great gift!

Judy Rozema said...

Cathy, that is just brilliant!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP