Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Happy Wednesday!

>> Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Wednesday! Today I wanted to highlight one of the many wonderful stamp catagories at DRS Desigsns...VERTICAL WORDING STAMPS! Did you know that DRS Designs carries over 20 different vertical sentiment stamps. I'm sure you all own tons of sentiment stamps but how many of those stamps have vertical wording...my guess is, not many. I have found that vertical sentiments are hard to come by. I love doing sketch challenges and I've found a lot of sketch challenges lately where I was wishing for a vertical sentiment. These sentiments work great with tall central images that don't leave room for the traditional horizontal sentiment.
For my card today, I used Sketch Challenge SC175 from SCS (it was a great sketch for showcasing the use of vertical sentiments). On my card, I used the DRS Designs stamp "Vertical 2 line Happy Birthday" to compliment the adorable "Frog Daddy" image. To modify my sentiment to read "Hoppy" instead of "Happy" I inked only the H, P's and Y with a water-based marker and stamped them on my white half circle cardstock. I added the eyelet to stand for the "o".
I stamped my frog image on white cardstock and colored it in with Bic Mark*it permanent markers. After coloring the frog I painted over the green with Green Olive Shimmerz paint to give it the extra bit of shine. I also painted the entire green layer of cardstock with the same Green Olive Shimmerz. The light blue background layer was embossed using the Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug embossing folder. After embossing I painted the entire piece of cardstock with Angel's Wings Shimmerz and then sponged around the outside with a darker navy ink.
If you haven't already, I definitely recommend taking a little "trip" over to the DRS Designs website to check out the terrific selection of vertical sentiments!
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable Heather! Love the eyelet idea in the wording!! :)

Etha said...

Oh gosh this is SO cute!! What a great use of this sketch! I love how you used the cuttlebug bubble folder for your background, it fits SO well, thanks for sharing ;)

Jessica G. said...

What a fun way to use the vertical sentiment -- I really like how you created 'Hoppy' by using the eyelet!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

I LOVE the shimmer and shine on this card. Super cute idea to use the vertical sentiments too. Can I say, that CB'd background looks just like rippling, shimmering water!! Fabulous job.

Kisa Peters said...

What a great card! I don't think I Have ANY vertical stamps! I think I'm going to have to be taking a little looksee! Love the shimmery paper - it looks just like water! Fun card!

Jennifer E. said...

Great job presenting this Heather! You've got some great ideas here! I especially love the background-the shading really makes this card pop!

Cathy Rulli said...

Great job - love the way you highlighted this particular style of stamp!

Janette said...

such a wonderful card Heather. You are right too about the vertical sentiments, never thought about that- thanks for pointing it out.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP