Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Military Vibes

>> Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Hello Crafty Friends,



Do you ever get lost watching YouTube videos? I watched THIS cool artist over the weekend, and was inspired by his distressing technique and quick action.  I didn't want to spray paint my card stock so I watercolored it, edged it in black, and dipped crumpled paper in white and blue paint and also some black ink.  It produced a cool effect.  I also added in some Stickle stars and stamped the new Thank You For Your Service Greeting. 

Here is another one with less paint and less stars. 
Keeping with the military vibes, I was asked to make a congratulations card for a man who was just promoted to colonel in the Air Force.  The new Air Force Proud is perfect for this occassion. 
I also used the Congratulations from the bottom of the new Blending Lives Greeting.  The blue background panel was sponged with Close to My Heart Sapphire ink, and there are a lot of Stickles on this - it shines brightly IRL.  The new Military Proud collection can be use for so many occassions - birthday, entering the military, Memorial day, Veterans day, promotions, awards, and retirement.  I was inspired by THIS card by Caterina when making this one. 

Hope you are having a wonderful week.  

Hugz,

Nancy



4 comments:

Lisa said...

Nancy, that first card is absolutely incredible. I am going to have to watch that video. Truly a work of art on that card.

I love, love, love the blue on the second card. Great use of the new image and super gorgeous card.

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow, these cards are so extremely cool!! I LOVE that first one with the flag background and the stars on top with a simple thank you sentiment on it! That card is absolutely beautiful and totally perfect!
Your second card looks so creative with the die cut behind the circle Air Force, wow, looks brilliant and that embossing is so amazing. I thought it was something else entirely!
Love both cards!!

Sue said...

Incredible cards Nancy!! Your watercolor flag backgrounds are amazing - no matter how many stars :)
Your Air Force card is just as wonderful, and I can't wait to see it sparkle when it gets here!!

Karin said...

These are both wonderful cards! The second one with the vibrant blue and textured background is amazing...But can we talk about the flag background?! Just wow! LOVE the addition of those gold stars!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP