Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

New Home Wishes and a Visit with Santa

>> Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Hello crafty friends!   I have been doing a lot of water-coloring lately, and I have some fun projects to show you using DRS Design stamps.  

This first card uses the sweet New Home Greeting that just hit the store (inside I used the new Just Moved House Key).  I love the fun little Mushroom Houses which I water-colored and tucked into this fun Tim Holtz Stitched Slots die.  

I kept my pallet pretty neutral because I love neutrals, but I did avoid using Vintage Photo ink on the edges - shocking!  LOL!  

I have been trying to learn to make scenery with watercolors and this is my favorite so far. The background was pretty easy and the Santa adds the perfect touch of whimsey. 
The Santa comes from one of my favorite DRS Designs images: Santa with Birds Christmas Scene.  I stamped him on water-color paper, colored him up, and fussy cut him so he could sit in the forest and feed a few sweet birds.  

Hope you liked today's post, and thanks so much for dropping by.

Hugz,

Nancy




5 comments:

Shelia said...

Nancy, your first card is fabulous! So clever to pair the new greeting with that mushroom house! Great card design too! You painted a beautiful scene for Santa on your second card. Wow! It is lovely! Well done, friend. Your ware coloring skills are amazing!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow Nancy, I so totally love your Santa card!! What beautiful painting and your Santa is done so beautifully with just some of the birds and bag of seed! I love how you painted a forest bg, never would have attempted that!! Beautifully done.
Love the little mushroom house for the new house sentiment too!

Karin said...

Oh, how sweet is that mushroom house card?! It’s just darling! Love those houses all lined up! And the Santa card is a work of art! Wow! That background is just beyond words! I would put that in a frame :)

Lisa said...

Love the mushroom card Nancy and that Santa card is just too adorable. Great water coloring too.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How gorgeous these are, Nancy! Your toadstool house card is so fun. Love the layout w/ all the horizontal bars. Your Santa card is beautiful. Love the trees & snow & the colors really let Santa stand out.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP