Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Fairires and Gnomes

>> Monday, April 6, 2020

Happy Monday!  DRS Designs is releasing some new images and I think you are going to really like these. My first card today uses two of them:

Fairy with  Globe (1009F)
Tiny Flying Fairy (995C)


I started by die cutting the frame from MFT several times in white CS and once in green. These were all glued together to give the frame some dimension. The frame was glued onto the die cut white panel and then attached to the card base.

Using the negative pieces I stamped the tiny flying fairy three times, coloring them with Copics and adding some shine to their wings, etc. with a Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen. The Fairy with Globe was stamped onto white CS, colored with Copics and fussy cut. Some Nuvo Crystal Glaze was added to her globe and wings. I used the Make a Wish greeting, masking each part so I could stamp it one word at a time onto the panel where the fairy would go. After I attached her with foam dots, she just didn't look quite right so I colored some CS green, cut it into a small hill shape, stamped the easy grass background with some green ink and then glued it under her to give her some grounding.

My seven year old granddaughter will love these new fairy images! Maybe this will have to be her birthday card this year.

This next card I created for the Inspiration Challenge this past Saturday at Splitcoast Stampers.



This card features the new

Peeking Gnome (994D)
Gnome Smile Greeting (997C)

I started by stamping the wood grain background onto some kraft CS. After the ink dried I stamped the Versatile Background image with Hero Arts Unicorn white ink and sponged some Distress ink on as well. It's hard to see the white ink, but it does add to the look of the wood. Once that all dried I die cut the window with a MFT die and glued the panel onto a white card base. The gnome was stamped, colored with Copics and fussy cut and glued into place. The greeting was stamped with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear EP. I used a Small Die of the Month set from SB to die cut the grass and small flowers. This was a fun card to create and I really like the way it turned out. This peeking gnome can be used in so many ways!

Be sure to check out these new images and all the rest here.

Thanks for stopping by.

blessings,
shelia


6 comments:

Karin said...

These are so cute! I love the layout with all the fairies inside the die cut frame! I especially like the glittery effect on her wings! And that gnome....ahhhh! He’s so sweet and the woodgrain is perfect on this card!

nwilliams6 said...

Great use of the new images, Sheila. Love the way you used the fairies in repeating pattern to support the main fairy. Beautifully done! I know a lot of people who would love this. The gnome is soooo cute too. Fab cards! Hugz

Caty said...

Wonderful cards Sheila !! Love the stamps, they are really fantastic. The designs are great too.
Wish you a very nice day,
Big hugs, Caty

Robin Clendenning said...

Your fairy card is so cute!! Love the pastel colors and that cute little frame!!
Your little gnome is adorable as well! Love his little flowers garden below.

Sue said...

2 adorable cards today Shelia! Your fairy frame is just as sweet as can be and I love the "wall" you made with the wood grain background and your die cut - perfect spot for a peeking gnome!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful Shelia! I love your little fairy card w/ the green framing. That's some fancy fussy cutting on the bigger fairy. Your little smiling gnome is so fun. Love the pop of color w/ the tiny flowers.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP