Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Autumn

>> Monday, October 21, 2019

Hi Everyone. I have a fun fall card to share with you today. I used last week's challenge at Cupcake Inspirations for my card today.  Here's a look at their yummy cupcake. 



The challenge was to have something inside your card. Before I could start my card, I found myself staring at this cupcake wondering how they got that pumpkin shape perfectly inside the cupcake. Is that one of those candied pumpkins that they just put into the cake batter whole? I'd really like to know how this was done. I think it'd be fun to create some of these for my grandkids for Thanksgiving since most of them are young and not really into pie. I guess I'll have to google it or check Pinterest!!



Anyway for my card, I cut off a panel in the front, added some transparency between the two pieces and added the die cut leaves behind so they show through the clear transparency.  The greeting is a fun one from DRS Designs and was stamped with Hero Arts Orange Ombre ink. I smooched some TH Orange Distress Oxide ink onto my mat, added some water and then made some splashes on the front of the card for some added interest. I really like how this turned out. Plus it was pretty quick and easy to create.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm off to check out how to make these cupcakes. :-)

blessings,
shelia


4 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

This card turned out super cute! I love the splatters on the front and the variegated sentiment color too! Those leaves are super pretty as well!

Sue said...

Oh..... now I get it! It's taken me 24 hours and rereading your post and I finally understand how this card is put together! I LOVE this look - saw one similar a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it! This is perfect with the sentiment and splatter background with the leaves showing through the acetate!

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, this is a great card for that challenge (wow does that cupcake look awesome). Fun leaves and splatters. I really like this card design - I need to try to do something like it soon. Hugz!!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so cool, Shelia! Love the leaves in these bright colors & the transparency is such a great look.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP