Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Halloween Raven

>> Friday, October 18, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! It's almost Halloween! I have one last Halloween card to share today. This one is fairly quick & pretty much no coloring involved. There was a little embossing but not much. I first die cut the black & yellow panels, along w/ the circle cut thru the black to let the yellow (moon) show thru. I stamped the starry bg, a few spooky eyes & the greeting onto the black w/ the pale yellow pigment ink, then heat embossed it w/ a sparkly yellow powder.  The only coloring was a little Prismacolor pencil on the branch.
On the yellow bg, I penciled in where the circle opening would be then put it into my Misti. The raven was stamped a couple of times for good coverage along w/ some bats. For the graveyard, since it's unmounted, I curved it as much as I could, stamped the center section, then rotated the panel a little to stamp more on either side of the center. 

Here's the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, black, bright yellow
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, versclair nocturne, Colorbox daffodil pigment, (Distress squeezed lemonade & dried marigold used on inside)
accessories:  Misti, Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch dies, Double Stitched Circles dies, yellow sparkly embossing powder (Sparkle N Sprinkle-out of business)



4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, this is dramatic with your yellow and black, and I LOVE how you curved the cemetery. Sooo cool. Love this! Hugz

Sue said...

This card is all about the WOW, Julie! Your giant yellow moon really grabs the attention and then you notice all the little details! The curved cemetery has me thinking optical illusion too!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh that is so unusual wow! I love the fisheye view of the graveyard! That was not easy to get that curve just right I bet! The crow is cool in the foreground and the love the black part of the card with the eyeballs and the stars above!! So amazing Julie!

Shelia said...

Oh this is wonderful with the contrast of the black & yellow. I really like the way you used the graveyard image on this, too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP