Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

the Beauty of Autumn

>> Monday, August 26, 2019

Happy Last Monday of August. Can you believe it's almost September?!! While I'm not really ready for August to be over, I am definitely ready for some Fall weather. I think Fall is my most favorite season, though there are things I really like about all four seasons. Variety is nice.

My card today was created in honor of Fall.

I began by stamping the silhouette leaf image with various TH Distress inks onto white CS. While that dried, I used the same inks and stamped the open Leaf image onto another piece of white CS and die cut the panel with a Fawn Lawn stitched Die. Before adding this panel to the card base, I sponged some of the Fossilized Amber ink along the edges of the white card base since I couldn't find any CS in my stash that matched any of these colors. I did the same thing to another panel before layering the silhouette leaf panel to it. This sketch is from this week's sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. To complete the card, I stamped the Beauty of Autumn greeting with the same inks, stamping just a portion each time so the inks overlapped a bit. After die cutting the greeting some of the Amber ink was sponged along the edges.

Once I had every thing put together the white areas looked too bright, so I sponged some of the Amber ink onto my craft mat, added some water and splattered some of it onto the card. It really does pull it all together.

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card Shelia! I love how you used both of the leaves separately as backgrounds. Don't want to spoil any surprises... but I was just looking for a card using the 2 leaves for our next catalog and this is perfect!!!

Karin said...

That layout is awesome and I love the multi colored leaves! Gorgeous :)

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh beautiful Shelia! Love all the beautiful fall color and it looks wonderful with that sketch!

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, perfect Fall colors and layout. LOVE your colors and how you designed this wonderful card. Wish I had thought of this. Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Such a pretty fall card, Sheila! I love the colors & tilted top layer. Perfect autumn card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP