Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanksgiving Wreath

>> Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thanksgiving is tomorrow in the U.S., and it is always good to be thankful for blessings.

To celebrate Thanksgiving, I made a Thanksgiving wreath using the little images from the new 4-in-1 Harvest Designs.  I colored most of them up with my finger and then fussy cut them.  Next, I added in some Tim Holtz Holiday Greens die cuts.  The colors are all from last week's color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.com.

The background was made with the Ink/Spray/Smash technique (my method:  swipe ink in various patterns on some aluminum foil, splash on some water with your fingers, dip in your paper, and dry with a heat tool).  The sentiment is the 1 line Happy Thanksgiving.

I also have a friend at work who is retiring so I made up a quick card using the same ink/spray/smash technique in my previous card.  I then stamped the World Map image on some kraft, cut it out, and then folded it up. I distressed the folds with some distress ink (vintage photo) and some scissors. I sprayed a paper with Dylussions Spray over a stencil and then stamped the Big Mouth Bass image three times. I added on some Stickles to the fish to give them a wet look. The sentiment is the As You Retire Greeting.
Many hugz,

Nancy

5 comments:

Sue said...

Another incredibly incredible card from our wreath Queen! This one might be my favorite yet!! I can't get over how much patience you must have to do all that tiny and intricate cutting! Wonderful job on the retirement card too - love all the distressing and those happy fish!

Karin said...

OH WOW! This wreath is incredible! The detail and all that fussy cutting, well I'm just in awe :) And the fantastic retirement card I wonderful too!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow Nancy, beautiful wreath card!! Ilove it! Love the colors and all the little pieces! The fish one is too fun and I love the bg!

Shelia said...

Beautiful wreath , Nancy! The 4 in 1 designs looking amazing! Gorgeous background too! Love your retirement card. Great design with the map & fishes! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so cute, Nancy! Love your map bg & those green fish are so fun. Your bg is really awesome.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP