Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Halloween in Pinks

>> Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Some awesome new Halloween stamps in the store this week.  Here is a peek at a few of them. 

I am in a pink and black mood right now after seeing some really pretty Christmas cards in those colors.  I thought they would be good Halloween colors as well. 

My first card is made with the new Scary Skull image and the Expect the Unexpected Greeting (I can see a bunch of cards for lots of occasions with this new greeting). I doodled on the skulls and made them into Sugar Skulls so they would look a bit more at home with my lace.  My bg and the skull paper were made by dipping some plain white cardstock in some ink mixed with water.  I painted up some cardboard and sponged on some black for the top panel.

I used that same base paper for my next card.  I stamped the new Iron Fence and Gate along with the Deco Happy Halloween Greeting.  I also used the Silhouette Cat on Moon image to add a bit of fun.
Some sponging added a spooky night feel. 

Hope your week is going well.

Hugz,

Nancy

5 comments:

Sue said...

These are both wonderful cards Nancy! I CANNOT believe how you changed up that skull!!!! Perfect greeting, cause it was totally unexpected :) Awesome job on the Halloween cat card too - such simple stamping and shading but SO effective!

Shelia said...

OH my goodness, Nancy, these are terrific! Cannot believe how you changed up those scary skulls! They look awesome! Love the pink color combo, too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cool, Nancy! Love the unexpected pink color for your fun Halloween cards. Really awesome! So funny, too..I did a different looking sugar skull on one of my cards, too.

Robin Clendenning said...

This is so cool Nancy! Love the "Day of the Dead" decoration on these skulls, what a cool idea! Love the corrugated background too! Amazing my friend!

Karin said...

I had the same thought when I saw this skull, but I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off as well as you've done here! I love all the texture and the addition of the lace :) And your kitty Halloween card is one I may have to replicate...I have an extended family of cat lovers that would be thrilled with this card design!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP