Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wedded Bliss

>> Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on making summer and beach themed cards lately, but with a family wedding coming up at the end of the month, I wanted to see if I could combine those themes into one card.  
While a whimsical wedding card is not appropriate for everyone, the right couple would definitely appreciate it :)

I began with an aqua panel that was vertically the length of a standard A2 card, but an inch smaller  across and embossed it using a bubble folder from Darice.  I added it to a slightly larger piece of black cardstock and attached it to the base.

I stamped and die cut the To Have and To Hold Greeting, attached it using some dimensional tape, and went to work on the images. 


I stamped the Happy Octopus twice on some grey cardstock and fussy cut them out.  I knew I wanted to added some bubbles between them by way of punched hearts, but the animals themselves seemed  plain otherwise, so I had to get creative.  The bowtie was hand cut and added using a gem, and the veil was a scrap of lace, embellished with one fussy cut flower from the Four Flower Background. 

Now that makes them look more like a bride and groom :)

Best "fishes" everyone!
Karin

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, your octopus wedding couple is so fabulous and soooooo fun! Such a wonderful idea. What a fun beach wedding card. I love it! Hugz

Shelia said...

OH my goodness, this is just too cute! Love your octopus couple! The bow tie & veil are adorable. Love the bubble hearts & that EF is perfect! Absolutely adorable, Karin!

Sue said...

This card is absolutely adorable Karin! I will admit to being conpletely surprised as I scrolled down from the serious "to have and to hold" greeting - I was totally not expecting the Happy Octopus couple! LOVE the bow tie and veil - they're fancy!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute is this! Adorbs, Karin! Love the bright blue embossed bg & your wedding couple are so dang cute!

alenna alison said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP